Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dear Cheater-To-Be,

You were so charming, you gave me your phone number and asked me to call. I waited a few days and then I dialed that number. Carefully punching in the numbers, the phone range twice before a feminine voice answered. I asked for you and she said that you were in the shower, but could she take a message for me? I leave my name. And then she makes a mention of how her fiancee had never mentioned me before. Yes, so that was a rather rude awakening.

What kind of person are you that you charm a girl into thinking that you're into her, that you give her your phone number and then you're engaged, as in to be married? Do you understand the meaning of an exclusive relationship? Are you without intelligence and thought that rings don't count unless you have one on your finger as well, or would you continue to attempt to pick up girls on the train even though you have a fiancee or a wife at home waiting for you?

I didn't burst your bubble. I didn't tell her that I was the girl you had tried to pick up on the train. I was a little too shocked to do that. But the next time I see you...

I hope I don't see you again.

No comments: