Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dear Ignorant Woman,

You walked onto the bus before I did yesterday afternoon, your head held high and you were wearing a bright purple swishy skirt and a black coat that didn't look particularly waterproof and looked like it had once seen better days. You had black boots that were scuffed and you had your hair pulled back with a sparkly pink headband that had a pony on it - a yellow one.

And you seemed like a perfectly decent adult woman, until you opened your mouth the first time after you sat down.

You started chatting with the woman sitting near you, about just how horrible teenagers are that live around you. About how teenagers were always getting drunk, and smoking on your front lawn. About how when you were a teenager that everyone was just so mean to you and how they are continually awful as the years go by. You talk about how the kids were always getting into alcohol and cigarettes and about how this one time, you knew this fourteen year old girl who had gotten drunk, beat up on her mother and stole the family car.

And then you shot a glare at me and went "And teenager girls are just the worse of them all".

And at that, I had to speak up. I don't exactly take crap like that sitting down.

Well, I was sitting down, but that is another story entirely.

You asked me if I was a teenager, and I answered honestly with a 'yes'.

And then you just sneered and nodded your head at that. Going 'uh huh' like that was suddenly permission for you to glare at me some more and just think that I'm a budding alcoholic and a drug addict and generally a bad person.

I'm sorry. But you, you fucking stupid bitch, are a stranger to me. You don't know me, you don't know what I have or have not done before in my life. I'm sure that teenage girls when you were a teenager girl were horrible to you. But then, hey, what goes around comes around. You were probably not a total sweetheart yourself at that age and you even said that your father threatened to beat you if you ever laid a hand on your mother. Yeah, you actually had to be warned prior to causing physical harm to your mother. On the other hand, my father never had to threaten to hurt me to warn me off from hurting my mother since I never had the urge to cause her physical harm. I don't drink, I don't smoke or play with recreational drugs, I don't sleep around and don't have any sexually transmitted diseases.

Yes, it may surprise you but I did hear that nasty little comment you said about how "All teenage girls have just dozens of STDs. Little nasty whores, all of them."

And when I tried to put in a word, trying to explain that perhaps you knew the slutty kids in high school but how not all kids were like that, you just steamrolled me and continued on about how "all teenage girls" were just nasty human beings that were scuzzy and disease-ridden and pregnant whores.

You, lady, are an idiot. But because karma is a bitch, I picture you three years in the future with at least a dozen STDs (I'm more generous than you are, I don't picture you with 'just dozens' of STDs), very lonely and being harassed by those former-teenage girls at your 20th high school reunion.

Have a nice life?

1 comment:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Your fogetting that she's probably a a victim of her parents!