Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dear Happy Couple,

This morning at approximately 11:20am, I was on the bus on a rather busy street. This bus pulled to a stop at a bus stop (go figure) and I just happened to be glancing out the window as I was lucky enough to snag a window seat. Which is not that great, at the same time, since the windows are a little grimy and people rest their heads against it and it's just covered with bacteria and it's probably never been cleaned.

So, as I was recalling, I glanced out the window and saw the two of you together. At first it seemed innocent enough, the two of you were in an intimate embrace across the street in front of the window of a store. I thought it was innocent enough, at least. Until I noticed that there was something a little off. I couldn't put my finger on it at first. So I was just staring for a moment until it hit me. Between the two of you (and there were two people, trust me) there was only one set of legs! Now this didn't make sense to me at all. And then it hit me.

The two of you were having sexual intercourse in broad daylight! Well truthfully, it was a little gloomy what with the clouds and light rain... But still! You two were having sexual intercourse on the sidewalk in front of a store window. It amazed me at first, that the two of you were that comfortable with yourselves and each other to be doing that.

At which point I realized that I was staring so I looked away (definitely looked away).

But at the same time, I did admire the two of you. I mean, gosh, I wish I had the confidence to do that. Well, not really wish I would do that, but you get what I mean, right? It's just that air of confidence, being able to be that intimate with someone in such a public setting. I wouldn't be envious if you two had been charged with public indecency though. But still, I mean, at least the two of you are getting some.

That's a good reason to be a little envious, right?

No comments: